Job Position : Senior Technical & Operation Manager
Department : Technical & Operation
Experience: 15-20 Years relevant
Location: Singapore, occasional overseas business/project travels
Education: Technical graduate degree
Computer software: MS Office/PMS software/Planning software
We are looking for energetic, motivated and independent leader to join our dynamic team. Being a senior manager, you are expected to be a role model and to perform the following:
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Reports to the General Manager of Coastal Dynamic. Suitable candidate will work very closely with the General Manager.
- Manage all technical, operational and project issues for the Company, mainly in the marine, oil and gas sectors, whether offshore (or onshore, where applicable).
- Review all technical and operation related matters for the Company.
- Takes ownership for matters under his role.
- Conduct engineering checks and approval for designs of new build and conversion vessel/unit. Also, for shore-based projects where applicable.
- Follow up, control and monitor all asset operations.
- Provide supervision and management of newbuilding/conversion/construction team onsite and deliver the vessel/unit accordance to specifications.
- Manage all related activities relating to the operation and maintenance of vessel/unit where assigned. This includes vessel inspection by flag/class/authorities, stocking of spares and consumables, all related maintenance activities.
- Conduct regular audits and checks on the PMS system.
- Lead and maintain all Company ISO systems.
- Provide monthly technical operation reports and feedbacks to the General Manager.
- Assess, analyse and solve technical and operational problems faced at site.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and counselling to fellow junior colleagues.
- Initiate and drive improvement processes for the Company.
- Ensure reporting staff follow Company policies and good practices.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Company from time to time.
- Authorised to decide and approve company document numbering system.
- Authorised to decide and fill related company technical tender document.
- Authorised to decide on structure for the Planned Maintenance System.
- Authorised to plan and decide on company asset maintenance & operation budget for assets.
- Authorised to decide and contribute to the company ISO system in relation to Technical/Operation Management services.
- Accountable for non-conformance to vessel/unit PMS system.
- Accountable for the lack of maintenance leading to damage for any vessel/unit equipment.
- Accountable for non-conformance to document numbering system and document upkeep information.
- Accountable for any non-conformance to company ISO standard in relation to his scope of responsibility.
- Accountable for the provision of incorrect information regarding technical and operation scope of work for any company tenders.
- 15-20 years of experience in the relevant industry with strong technical and operational knowledge;
- Technical graduate degree from a good university;
- Preferably a qualified ex-Master for any offshore vessel;
- Excellent command of English (spoken/written);
- Proficiency in using MS Office;
- Proficiency in using PMS software;
- Proficiency in using technical drafting software is an added advantage;
- Good in putting up reports and improvement proposals.
- Good management skills and able to lead and manage a group of subordinates;
- Project or Construction management knowledge an added advantage;
- Strong people & communication skills, bearing in mind work involves dealing and communicating between people from various regions, backgrounds and cultures. Teamwork is important;
- Target driven and results driven;
- Keen in looking at work improvement methods;
- Versatile and able to work in challenging situations.
- Independent, energetic and self-driven with initiative.