Growing and dynamic team of professionals
Positive Working Environment
Medical & Dental Insurance Covered
This role is responsible for assisting in all legal related tasks of the Company's Group.
Scope & Responsibilities:
• Report to General Counsel.
• Handle all legal related tasks of the Company’s Group (including the company’s holding company(ies), subsidiaries, related companies, associated entities, etc.).
• Draft and negotiate all forms of agreements, memorandum of agreements, purchase agreements, shipbuilding contracts, memorandum of understanding, deeds, undertakings, merger & acquisition agreements, EPCIC etc. concerning different and various transactions of the Group.
• Identify, manage and mitigate legal risk issues across the Group.
• Ensure that the Group complies with legislation, regulation and the requirements of professional bodies and other organizations, including interpreting the effect on the Group of any proposed changes to legislation.
• Provide preventative legal guidance and risk training to the Group.
• Make recommendations/draft formal legal responses to issues.
• Keep abreast of commercial law changes and draft best practice notes on topical issues for use across the Group.
• Keep abreast of maritime law changes and make the appropriate adjustments to relevant policies and standards accordingly, including guidelines on acceptable and unacceptable terms and conditions of an agreement or a contract the Group shall enter into with a third party.
• Assist with the development of the team and Group-wide legal and risk strategy, as appropriate.
• Provide various legal advice for the Group’s corporate secretarial portfolio and review policies.
• Handle day-to-day Group-wide corporate legal affairs.
• Manage and oversee litigation, arbitration and certain legal matters handled by external counsels and liaise with external counsels.
• Stay up-to-date on applicable legal issues, trends and developments.
• Able to travel on short notice.
• Carry out other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Company from time to time.
• At least 5 years of relevant PQE in a corporate legal department, law firm or as an in-house legal counsel.
• Degree in Law or equivalent or higher qualification.
• Resourceful, disciplined, proactive team player with effective interpersonal skills.
• Meticulous, organized and committed to delivering high-quality work.
• Excellent communication skills - verbal and written.
• Initiative & Great listening skills.
• Problem analysis and problem-solving & attention to detail and accuracy.
• High stress tolerance & Team co-operator.
• High degree of professional ethics, and integrity.
Interested candidates, please submit your resume and only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.