This role is responsible for assisting in all legal related tasks of the Company’s group.
Scope and Responsibilities:
- Reports to General Counsel.
- Handle all legal related tasks of the Company’s Group (including the company’s holding company(ies), subsidiaries, related companies, associated entities, etc.).
- Draft and negotiate all forms of agreements, memorandum of agreements, purchase agreements, shipbuilding contracts, memorandum of understanding, deeds, undertakings, merger & acquisition agreements, EPCIC etc. concerning different and various transactions of the Group.
- Identify, manage and mitigate legal risk issues across the Group.
- Ensure that the Group complies with legislation, regulation and the requirements of professional bodies and other organizations, including interpreting the effect on the Group of any proposed changes to legislation.
- Provide preventative legal guidance and risk training to the Group.
- Make recommendations/draft formal legal responses to issues.
- Keep abreast of commercial law changes and draft best practice notes on topical issues for use across the Group.
- Keep abreast of maritime law changes and make appropriate adjustment to relevant policies and standards accordingly, including guidelines on acceptable and unacceptable terms and conditions of an agreement or a contract the Group shall enter into with a third party.
- Assist with the development of the team and Group-wide legal and risk strategy, as appropriate.
- Provide various legal advice for the Group’s corporate secretarial portfolio and review policies.
- Handle day-to-day Group-wide corporate legal affairs.
- Manage and oversee litigation, arbitration and certain legal matters handled by external counsels and liaise with external counsels (been admitted to Singapore bar for at least 2 years’ experience).
- Stay up-to-date and applicable legal issues, trends and developments.
- Able to travel on short notice.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Company from time to time.
- At least 3 – 4 years of relevant PQE in a corporate legal department, law firm or as an in-house legal counsel.
- Been admitted to Singapore bar for at least 2 years’ experience.
- Degree in law or equivalent or higher qualification.
- Resourceful, disciplined, proactive team player with effective interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous, organized and committed to delivering high-quality work.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Good listening skills.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Stress tolerance
- Team co-operator
- High degree of professional ethics, and integrity
Interested candidate, please submit your resume to email@example.com and only shortlisted candidate will be notified. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.